Designating Customers as Authorized Users
Effective starting: April 30, 2018
This is a supplement to the Social&Care Customer Agreement (the “Agreement”) and is included in the Agreement. Any capitalized terms used but not defined below have the meanings in the Agreement. The purpose of this supplement is to allow the people you are taking care of, relatives, children, patient, dependent or guarded (“Guarded“) to be Authorized Users, subject to the terms below.
- If you designate any of your Guarded as Authorized Users, you will be responsible for their use of the Software or device as you would be for any other Authorized User. Accordingly, you must enter into valid, binding agreements with your Guarded that require them to comply with the applicable terms of the Agreement (including this supplement), including any conditions or restrictions with respect to use of, or access to, the Software, Device or Product.
- For the avoidance of doubt, allowing your Guarded to be Authorized Users does not mean that you may distribute, resell, or OEM any Software, Device or Product, or make the products available to your customers on a standalone basis. Rather, it means only that your Guarded may access your instance of the Software, Device or Product in order to support their use of your own products and services that are unrelated to the Software, Device or Product (“Your Services”).
- Examples include:
- Your are taking care of your parents, children, relatives or loved one; You use Social&Care Services, Devices or Products to monitor their activity, to improve their autonomy and your peace of mind.
- You are working for a patient or disabled association and you are using Social&Care Services, devices or Products to improve their autonomy and your peace of mind.
- Your working for home care, care services company and you are using Social&Care Services, devices or Products to take care of your company’s customers
- Your working for Public Social Services Organization and you are using Social&Care Services, devices or Products to take care of your patients.
- Your a manager in a home care, care services company and you are using Social&Care Services, devices or Products to monitor your employees.
- Your working for Public Social Services Organization and you are using Social&Care Services, devices or Products to take monitor your employees.
- Social&Care will not have any direct or indirect liability or obligation to any of your guarded. For the avoidance of doubt, your guarded are not parties to, or third party beneficiaries under, the Agreement.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Social&Care from and against any loss, cost, liability or damage, including attorneys’ fees, for which Social&Care becomes liable arising from or relating to any claim brought against us by your customers arising out of their use of the Social&Care Software, Devices or Products through you.
This information is also available in: Spanish