Government of Canada has proposed to develop a new law on accessibility: they want to promote equal opportunities and increasing the integration and participation of Canadians who have a disability or functional limitations.
As part of the development of this new law, the Government of Canada held consultations in person and online to get the views of Canadians on the following questions:
- What do you think of the overall objective and the general character of the law?
- Does the law on what should treat?
- What problems and obstacles related to accessibility should treat the law?
- How could ensure law’s monitoring and enforcement?
- How often should the law be examined?
- How and when to be accountable to Canadians for the implementation of the law?
- How could, more generally, promote accessibility and help organizations to improve accessibility?
The government will use these comments to report the creation of a law on accessibility.
More information on the Gobernment web page
This information is also available in: Spanish